Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Baked Cheesy Broccoli Rice Cups


I have been experimenting with different recipes to try and use creative and yummy ways to get my little boy (and myself) to eat more veggies!  This is a recipe that I had saved in a drawer and I am unsure exactly where it came from, but I have also seen very similar recipes on various Pinterest pages!  It is the Baked Cheesy Broccoli Rice Cups and it is so darn good!!


 
Baked Cheesy Broccoli Rice Cups

Ingredients
1 cup quick-cooking rice (such as Minute Rice)*
1 cup chicken broth
1 bag of frozen broccoli (approx 10-oz), thawed and steam cooked
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup Ranch dressing
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Directions
Steam-cook the broccoli. Let cool, then chop into small bite size pieces.
Bring 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil and add the Minute-Rice. Cover and remove from heat.  Wait 5 minutes for rice to fully absorb the broth. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, using only 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, and stir until combined.
Spray muffin pan well with cooking spray.
Scoop mixture into muffin cups (I used a large spoon and filled the cups fully).
Top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and edges are starting to get crispy.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy!



I have made these many times before, and each time I am still amazed at how good they are!  I forget that I am eating broccoli.  My son likes broccoli normally, but usually refuses anything with rice.  This, he eats as much as he can! Success!









No comments:

Post a Comment