Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hawkeye Gets A Tunic!

A photo of Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) on the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron was released online today and left me scratching my head.


Questions I have (along with some obvious answers once I really thought about it):

#1: Why the long sleeved tunic?
A: Based on the sign in the background, this is Russia. It's freaking cold in Russia. Also, I have read that Jeremy is a terrible archer and his arms were fairly hacked up after the first movie.  This would probably relieve that a bit.  Lastly, maybe they are going for this look...but not as cheesy:


If that is the case, they failed miserably.  It turned out to look more like this (as hilariously discovered on io9):


#2:  Why is there a vent in the back of the tunic?! Too much Shawarma or what?

#3: What are the metal devices on the side of the boots?  Something for production purposes or a nifty storage space for more special arrow tips?

#4: It looks like the tunic portion zips away to give us this:


I am okay with this.  And now that I can see the long-sleeved look, I just really do not like the tunic part. It is totally unnecessary and seems cumbersome in a fight.

That is all. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment