Wednesday, March 21, 2012

35 weeks, 2 days, and 34 lbs of baby weight

I am 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant...I think. This whole weeks thing throws me for such a loop. All I know is that every Monday is a new week for me...so as of Monday 03/19/12 I was 35 weeks. 5 weeks until my due date. Crazy. It has gone by so fast.

Since my last few posts are so far apart and mainly about my struggles with my weight, I thought I would update on my pregnancy weight gain. I think I have done relatively well as far as eating. Of course, being out right sick for the entire first four months really kept weight off. Then I started to feel just nauseus, but not actually sick...so that is when I started to show a bit more and explore my cravings a bit. Now that I am 8 months pregnant, I still feel sick every morning, but rarely have a day of full out puking. But when I do...whoooaaa nelly...there is some extreme vomiting going on.

But enough about that. My first prenatal check was 05/24/11, where they confirmed I was pregnant. I weighed 228 lbs. As of my last checkup, which was 03/06/12, I weighed 262 lbs. So I have put on 34 lbs. Mainly in the last 3 months too. Luckily, my dear little boy craves a lot of fruit. That has helped tremendously. Especially since I love fruit anyway. The bad part is he also craves Applebees Ultimate Trio with the Artichoke dip, cheeseburger sliders and mozz sticks. Oh how he craves that dip. SO, my loving husband usually takes me to Applebees every weekend for my trip fix.

My breast size has also increased, which I attribute at least ten pounds of this wieght gain. I am wearing a 44FF. I honestly do not know how I stand up. Luckily I have no back pain, some my rump must counter balance me nicely. I do have a very pregnant belly. Oh, and ladies...if you have a kangaroo pouch before you are pregnant...that doesn't just get absorbed into the belly. It kind of moves down and becomes the only squishy part of your now pregnant belly. The rest is hard as a rock. My husband calls my now super tight stomach my "one ab."

I'm so emotionally stupid when it comes to my weight still though. I often think people just assume I am a really fat chick and don't know I am pregnant. My husband laughs at this and keeps telling me, "It's 100% obvious you are pregnant, and not fat." Luckily, all my weight gain has centered on my boobs and tummy. Which means a ridiculous amount of stretch marks across my stomach. Seriously, it looks like Wolverine raked his claws down my entire stomach. The "luckily" part is that I haven't gained (much) face weight or any other weird place weight. So I still look like me, but with a beach ball stuffed under my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment