Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Downton Abbey as a Comic Book?!

I was browsing geek news today and stumbled across several headlines stating "Downton Abbey Comic Book."  My initial thought was, "what the holy hell is going on here?!"  Now don't get me wrong; I love me some Downton Abbey and I love me some comic books.  But I don't need my two loves to merge into an unholy abomination of long winded sequential art!  



Luckily, it's all a big ruse.  Turns out that Bluewater Productions is publishing a comic book entitled, "FEMALE FORCE: LADY ALMINA - THE REAL DOWNTON ABBEY."  The book follows the scandalous life of the woman who originally inspired the television show.  This book has no actual affiliations with the tv show though.  Thank god.  The hour long tv show already feels like 4 hours, I can't imagine what it would be like translated to a comic book.

Michael Troy will write the title for Bluewater, Giuseppe Latanza will illustrate, and Philip Horton providing a cover design.

"I've always had a fondness for snooty British aristocracy and scandal - so this one was a guilty pleasure to work on for sure," said Troy.

Bluewater has previously published biographic comics featuring Princess Diana, Hillary Clinton, JK Rowling and Cher under its Female Force banner.  Now doesn't that all sound like comics that kids are just dying to read?!  ZZZZzzzzzZZZZ.

Female Force: Lady Almina - The Real Downton Abbey will be released on February 20.



No comments:

Post a Comment