Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Jennifer Lee (Frozen) Will Adapt ' A Wrinkle In Time' For Disney



Jennifer Lee, writer and co-director of Disney’s blockbuster Frozen, has been tapped by Disney to adapt one of my favorite childhood books, A Wrinkle In Time.

Squueeeeee!

Let us hope that this adaptation is better than that terrible "made for tv" Disney version from 2003. 

No director has been named as of yet, but Jim Whitaker and Catherine Hand have already been announced as producers. Jennifer Lee is the second screenwriter to be announced, as Jeff Stockwell (Bridge to Terabithia) worked on the original script when Disney first announced they would adapt A Wrinkle In Time back in 2010.  I am ecstatic that things appear to be finally moving forward.  Hopefully a release date will be announced soon and casting can begin. I wish Emma Watson could be cloned as a young teen and star in this.

I have incredibly high hopes for this movie.  Jennifer Lee has given the impression that she can create memorable strong female leads, and that is what we need for Meg.  Also, now that I have a son, Charles' character really resonates with me.  A little brainiac who prefers to keep his words to himself or close family.

Also, if you have not read A Wrinkle In Time, you are missing out.  It holds up incredibly well now that I'm an adult.  I highly suggest you check it out of your local library. Or if you prefer, there is an amazing graphic novel adaptation by Hope Larson (Chiggers).

And enjoy these adorable character designs by Ruby Chen! Too adorable!



Don't forget to follow me on Facebook for all things girly and geeky!


No comments:

Post a Comment