Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Guardians of the Galaxy Get Their Own Cartoon!

The Guardians of the Galaxy opens in theaters this week, and I could not be any more excited!  Then I learn that Marvel announced at San Diego Comic-Con that the GotG crew is getting their own cartoon!  Now I am basically frothing at the mouth.
According to Comic-Con attendees, Marvel showed off a 1-minute sneak peek of the cartoon featuring Star-Lord and Rocket test footage.  No date has been set for the debut of the show, though we know it will broadcast on Disney XD alongside Marvel's other current cartoons, Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., and Avengers Assemble.  Marvel also stated that the Guardians will be making guest appearances in the other Marvel cartoons before they launch their own series, to keep the team fresh in the audiences mind.
Lets hope Marvel makes something good this time. I'm really over the nonsensical plot-lines and fart jokes that plague Ultimate Spider-Man.  Also, I am not digging the Rocket character design AT ALL (see below). But, again, this is a cartoon and aimed at kids, so I really shouldn't complain.  I get a full length GotG movie in less than a week! WOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment