Monday, January 6, 2014

Wonder Woman Movie Role Rumor That Slaps All Women In The Face



This rumor made me want to chuck my laptop through the window.  Then I realized I need my laptop.  So I threw a napkin across the room.  Pure anger over here!!!

We get this rumor from Batman-On-Film, and as he claims on this site, this information is based on"inside information, industry scuttlebutt, and my opinion. Nothing should be taken as confirmed news unless explicitly stated as such."  So, take this with a grain of salt, but know that he has been pretty spot on with rumors int he past.

E-mail Question: How big of a role do you think Wonder Woman will be in BvS?

JETT SAYS: Personally, I’d say it’ll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it’s a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie.

With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!

My first reaction is that DSC/WB is basically sending a giant "FUCK YOU" to all of us woman who grew up idolizing Wonder Woman and reading her origin and stories and loving them!  If this is true, DC will basically be saying that Wonder Woman's back story, and the person that she is because of her back story, is not good enough.  And because of that they will adopt the closest MALE hero's back story. Fuck that! Way to, once again, short change your female superheroes, DC!  It is bad enough you turned her into Superman's girlfriend in the New 52 comicverse, now her have to tie her to Superman in the movieverse too!!  UGGHH.  I am done with this company!  If this is true.  Which I hope it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment