Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Girly Geek Movie Recommendation: THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES

I'm going to start a new recurring article for my movie reccomendations starting this week.  Obviously, I am going to lean towards the geekier, probably comic-book related, movies more than not.  But I hope I can give you a little insight into a movie you may be on the fence about seeing.



This week a favorite book of mine is coming to theaters in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.  yes, it is a long title.  The first book is actually just called City of Bones and the entire series is entitled The Mortal Instruments.  So I am betting they expect (or hope) to make the sequels.

This is a must see for me.




Synopsis

Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Lily Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother (Lena Headey), Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters, who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures. Based on the worldwide best-selling book series.




No comments:

Post a Comment